About IoT/M2M（About Wireless IoT/M2M）
IoT（Internet of Things）refers to the Internet of things. All things will lead through the network. Things to each other without the intervention of the operation and input of human, autonomous optimal control is done. M2M (Machine to Machine) is connected by network devices to each other running individually. This is a system to be able to interact with each other. Consolidate data generated by each of the devices in real time, control is a system that can be exploited. IoT is to oriented that utilize the OPEN property which is a characteristic of the Internet. In contrast, M2M is not necessarily a prerequisite that it is OPEN, is utilized rather in a CLOSED environment.
IoT is the culmination of the third industrial revolution
The Industrial Revolution, history, innovative technology in three of the infrastructure of communications / energy sources / means of transport has been introduced. In addition, the industrial revolution has been realized mutually influence each other. In the first industrial revolution, steam printing press to the coal as a fuel has been invented. In addition, it allows rapid commerce between remote locations with railway transport of steam locomotive. In the second industrial revolution, vehicles using oil as a fuel has been invented. Progressing in commercial development and residential development of suburban by the construction of the national road network. Telephone network and electrical infrastructure along with it have spread. Currently, in the third industrial revolution in progress, the Internet communication as a means of communication has entered a mature phase. Renewable energy such as solar power and wind power generation has entered the popular stage by the exponential development of power harvesting technology. As transportation means, the use of automatic operation vehicles, which equipped with GPS, and drones techniques have been studied. These three infrastructure has been digitized. Enormous amount of data on social trends by being integrated on the IoT platform will be able to collect. By processing the big data in a sophisticated analysis technique, automation systems and forecasting applications are developed. It seems to be a new social system that can enjoy the quality life, which the high efficiency and productivity are improved dramatically, can be realized.
In Germany it is progressing huge project called "Industry 4.0 (Industry 4.0)". Introduction
of IoT to the smart factory is a manifestation of the fourth industrial revolution.
Government, Industry, Academic community tackle all out. Industry 4.0 is aimed at are as
1. Cost minimization of utilizing digitization, automation and virtualization of the production process
2. Maintaining and strengthening of the manufacturing industry competitiveness
As a means to realize the Industry 4.0, currently, such as Electrical and Machinery manufacturers of Germany are underway desperately. It is the development of 'Smart Factory (Factory which think for oneself)'. Smart factory is a production system that connects between the production sites and companies on the Internet. It is not necessary that Manufacturers locate in physically close. In other words, Smart factory to get the most out of 'real-time (immediate)' which is a feature of the Internet. Companies involved in the production process automatically perform production and supply by utilizing the information transmitted via the Internet. Even if human beings are not involved, the machine each other to transmit the information through the net. In order to optimize the production process, the company can reduce the labor costs significantly. It is possible to rearrange freely suppliers and production process. As the result, 'mass customization (individual mass production)', which according to the needs of the customer each and every a 'dish things' can be produced and sold at a price that equals to the mass-produced products, can be realized.
Elements that support the development of IoT
IoT/M2M/sensing data market
The following content has enabled the IoT / M2M.
1. Evolution of 'IC tag' (& 'sensor') which exchage into data from the state of things
2. Binding of the 'IC tag' and 'sensor' and 'wireless communication technology'
IoT / M2M target devices in the country only seems to be one billion exist. In the whole world, 25 billion units in 2015, in 2020 has been said that 50 billion units are connected to the network. IoT/M2M market is still early days, the market, which expects to IoT/M2M, is vast.
Possibility of IoT/M2M/Sensing Data
It seems remote monitoring and remote control can be realized in various fields by
decreasing in the sensor device/control device/communication cost. In addition, sensing data
and control data are flowing through the network. If so it is shared, it is expected to
create new added value.
For example, imaging the following application:
- Smart Lock---Guest houses and real estate preview using the key with opening and closing deadline by remote, etc.
- Smart Home--- Power monitoring, consumer electronics operation, home check, security, indoor environmental management
- Home security--- Suspicious person detection reporting system（preventing bumping of heads）
- Watching--- The elderly living alone anomaly detection reporting system
- Marketing--- Customer flow line analysis of in-store, digital signage, O2O service
- Current position grasp of mobile assets--- Airport, commercial facilities, hospital, factory, position information acquisition of the moving body in the warehouse
- State grasp of mobile assets--- Temperature and humidity control of transport for the container
- Agriculture--- Smart Agriculture was controlling the temperature, humidity and light intensity · CO2 concentration, etc. (Agriculture Cloud)
- Nursing care--- Fall prevention, health information management of tenants, utilization management of equipment, visit care support
- Environment--- Collection of weather data, delivery of disaster prevention information
- Energy--- Monitoring of photovoltaic power generation and control, etc.
- Artificial structure--- Accident prevention shaped by aging (monitoring), the collection of noise and vibration data
- Other---Field work support, labor management of drivers, consumables residual quantity management, etc.
Challenges of IoT/M2M/Sensing Data
Indispensable for the service of IoT/M2M/Sensing Data market expansion is the next four
1. Low price of the terminal / sensor / communication module The development of the sensor is essential to have a dedicated function for each application. Fusion of wireless communication and sensor technology is essential.
2. Discovery of needs and Application development
SIer who wish to provide services in a gulp through transmural, including the communication module and the mobile Internet are many. The foundation of IoT/M2M realized at low cost. That get to use the above-mentioned thing to the partners (e.g. SIer that have applications and customers) leads to IoT/M2M service expansion.
3. Price reduction of wireless communication service itself, the high-speed and high-capacity
Vending machine is typical for the communication fee structure. In the case of IoT/M2M, communication charges and the amount of communication per unit is small. However, communication charges will be expensive if applied to a large amount of equipment. About communication charges, it is expected to drop significantly by practical realization of LTE.
4. Development of human resources and the establishment of a development system Major hurdle, which occurs when developing systems and services of IoT/M2M, is to be necessary all knowledge of hardware, web and system. Creators of software and creators of hard are severed.In today's manufacturing environment, companies which can deliver a competitive IoT/M2M system is very limited. So, there is a need for the following initiative:
i. To proceed with the development of human resources who are familiar with the hardware and software
ii. Establishment of a development structure that assumes the business-to-business projects (i.e. Project which consists of 3 companies (hardware companies, web companies, system companies) that work together organically)